About The Old Barn Touring Park
A Small Friendly Park with downland views in a beautiful countryside setting.
- The Park takes its name from the 17th century thatched barn at the parks entrance. Nowadays the barn is used as a games and TV room.(open Spring Bank Holiday to early September)
- Landscaping has provided the park with 60 sheltered pitches all with hard road access and electrical hookup.
- We welcome tents, motorhomes, touring caravans and trailer tents.
- WI-FI IS NOW AVAILABLE ACROSS THE ENTIRE SITE.
- The fully tiled toilet block has individual cubicles in the ladies for extra privacy.The spacious showers have ample room to change etc and accept 20p coins.
- Dogs on leads are welcomed and from your spacious pitch you can venture into the countryside on many walks surrounding the park.
- At the parks reception, you will find ample information on numerous places of interest, beaches and countryside activities that the island has to offer. A freezer pack exchange is available using our ice packs. We stock camping and calor gas.
- A splendid out of town supermarket and petrol station is only a 1/4 mile away.
- A 5-minute drive will bring you to either Sandown or Shanklin with their lovely sandy beaches and seaside entertainment.
- To make things easier for you we can arrange a complete package including ferry and camping fees from either Southampton, Portsmouth or Lymington.
Gold Conservation Award
We are delighted to tell you that Old Barn Touring Park has been selected by Professor David Bellamy to receive a GOLD CONSERVATION AWARD. Granted only to parks which have demonstrated a sound commitment to the natural world. The David Bellamy Award is described by Professor Bellamy as the “Green Olympics” – and go only to parks which help protect and enhance the natural environment. We are particularly proud that his decision to make this award was based partly on the opinions of our holidaymakers. It was their comments about our park which helped to convince Professor Bellamy that Old Barn Touring was deserving of this conservation honour.
Gold Green Island Award
We are delighted to tell you that Old Barn Touring Park has also received a GOLD Green Island Award. Green Island is a programme aimed at developing a more sustainable, environmentally sensitive tourism industry across the Isle of Wight. All businesses who are members of the Green Island Awards Scheme and are all graded with either Gold, Silver or Bronze standards depending on their commitment to improved environmental, economic & social performance.
We have been back to this tranquil and relaxing site for many years. The Old Barn offers generous size plots and amenities. We have spent many happy times here on this friendly site and would recommend to all.— Jeff and Sheila
- Old Barn Touring Park, Cheverton Farm. Newport Road, Sandown. PO36 9PJ
- 01983 866414